Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scalloped Turnips



As promised, here is a review of the scalopped turnips recipes from Simply Recipes. We only had two turnips--one was giant, though. We really needed probably one more, because the turnips turned out a little soupy. The flavor of the turnips was pretty good, though. They still had a lot of turnip flavor, so the scalloping doesn't take out all of the bitterness of the turnips. But, my husband loved them! I was a little on the fence, but probably because I may not love turnips themselves. I will try something different next time, to see if I like them prepared another way.

I served it with chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and spinach. It's based on a recipe from Simply Recipes, but I made some changes. I pounded out two chicken breasts, seasoned them with salt and pepper, put a layer of spinach on the breasts, and sprinkled goat cheese on top. Then I rolled the breasts, secured it with a toothpick. I browned the breasts in a pan with hot olive oil first, then finished it in the oven at 425. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment