Sunday, October 18, 2009

Knitting for Babies


I love knitting for babies!! Especially clothing. It goes so fast, yet you feel like you've accomplish so much! I recently finished my first project from Vintage Baby Knits, the Louise Cardigan.



I used Lorna's Laces sock yarn on size 3 needles. It used less than 2 skeins for the 3-6 month size. I am really happy with the way it turned out. I do think that the pattern would look a little better with slightly textured/tweedy yarn, but I still really like it a lot! I didn't modify it at all, although I could have done the sleeves in the round, as some on Ravelry have done. But, I was glad to have the seaming practice, because I don't have much experience with seaming. I love the pattern and hope to do others from her book!


No comments:

Post a Comment