Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stitches Part 2: The Fiber

I went to Stitches intending to purchase a Drop Spindle. I researched the vendors that would be selling them, read reviews on the specific companies they carried, and talked to several people about what to look for in buying a spindle for a beginner. I also borrowed a friend's spindle to play with for a little while before making my purchase. I ended up buying a 1.3 oz drop spindle by True Creations. I can't recall the wood used and although it is written on the spindle, it is currently covered up by some yarn I am spinning.




I really like it so far. It seems to be well balanced and it spins well. Of course, I still don't know much about spinning, but it is working pretty well for me at this point.






I couldn't buy a spindle without buying some fiber though! So, I purchased some fiber from two different companies: MacKintosh Yarns and Miss Babs. The MacKintosh is a 100% superwash BFL in an unknown OOAK colorway with white, deep blues, and golds mixed in. This is what I am currently spinning and it is very nice!










I also got two braids of BFL Top from Miss Babs. The top left braid a lovely colorway called "A Day at Lake Michigan." The bottom one is a really rich mix of colors called "Summer Garden." Both are stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment