Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ode to Spring



As promised, I am bringing you pictures of my most recent FO, my haruni shawl.



The yarn is Wollmeise Twin in Lowenzahn-dark. The color is spectacular! I got the yarn in a swap on Ravelry, and the minute I got it in the mail, I knew I wanted to do some sort of shawl with leaves on it, to show off the color. The color reminds me of the color of green in the spring--you're starting to get a bit of dark mixed in with the younger, yellower green. I love it! I wish I had this color in the 100% instead of the twin, because the nylon content made it a little twisty while working with it. Other than that, it was great!



As for the pattern (haruni by Emily Ross) I cannot tell you how much I loved it. The pattern is a free Ravelry download, but was so clear! There were both written instructions and lace charts. I really enjoyed that, because I am still learning to do lace, so having both options helps my understanding. I opted for the crochet bind off--my first time crocheting! I love the look of the bind off and think it was a really genius way to bind off this shawl.

Here are some helpful details:

After I finished Chart A, I had 80 g of yarn left (out of approximately 150g).
After Chart B, I had 10 g left, and was sweating it for the bind off! But, I ended wit 5g to spare.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the color is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! What a beautiful FO, it definitely screams Spring to me!

    Alice @ http://kathrynivy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I just love it, Mel!! It looks so nice on you, wear it with pride!! :)

    ReplyDelete