Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A simple hat!

When I was at Stitches, I picked up some a skein of MacKintosh Yarn's Iona Worsted, a yummy MCN base! It was that lovely cabarnet color I talked about earlier, remember? The day after I got back, I wound the yarn into a cake and casted on for a Felicity Hat (pattern by Wanette Clyde). I love this hat! I wish it weren't nearly summer so that I could wear it more often! The fit is a little tight, but I am sure it will stretch some.


Most importantly, the yarn really is great! It's very soft and almost feels a little silky. (I know, there's no silk in it, but it's almost slippery like silk is. In a good way.) The color is gorgeous. I love how it has some subtle color variations, and it knits up beautifully. For all of my Kentucky friends reading along, if you're going to the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival this weekend (and you all are going, right???), you'll have to check out Mac's other yarns. She'll be there as a vendor selling her hand-dyed yarn and fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment