Monday, April 12, 2010

Springtime makes me want to blog

I think I get depressed during the winter. It's dark when I get home; I rarely want to cook and when I do, I don't want to take the time to photograph it; although I do knit a lot, the light is never quite right for getting really great pictures. So, I've been in hiding. But, I am back now. To celebrate being back and to celebrate spring, I am reviewing a great spring recipe: Smitten Kitchen's asparagus, goat cheese, and lemon pasta.


This recipe is so very easy! That made me happy today. When I got home, I went straight to blocking my haruni shawl that I just finished (pictures to come when it's done blocking). Blocking it took forever. Really. So, by the time I was done, I was not in the mood to cook. But, this recipe hardly constitutes cooking! I love the creaminess of the goat cheese when it's mixed with the warm pasta and asparagus. And I really love asparagus! I felt like there was something missing though. It definitely needed more salt, so I should have tasted it first. Maybe the salt would have solved the problem. I also used a little less goat cheese than the recipe called for, because the 4 oz package was the closest option my grocer had. Maybe if I had added more cheese, it would have rounded out the flavor? I enjoyed the tarragon in it though. I rarely cook with tarragon, and I forgot how much it tastes like licorice! I will definitely make this recipe again, playing with the seasoning some more.

1 comment: