Monday, February 22, 2010

Irish Hiking Scarf--Belated FO Posting


This post is certainly outdated, but wanted to include it here nonetheless. This is an FO picture of the Irish Hiking Scarf I made for my MIL for Christmas. I used malabrigo worsted in sealing wax. The 2 skeins were very different, which is not unusual for malabrigo, so I alternated skeins every other round. I am actually really happy with the result--I like the color variegation that alternating gave it, and it doesn't have the drastic color changes that some people find when working on a malabrigo project.

I also really enjoyed the pattern. Like any scarf, it felt like it would never end, but I love the end result. I have since found some double-sided patterns that are very similar, and may consider doing one of those if I decide to do this scarf again. I sometimes hate having a wrong side on something like a scarf. But, my MIL loves it, and that's what matters!

2 comments:

  1. How am I not subscribed to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably not subscribed because it's been quite lately! Glad you're here, though!

    ReplyDelete