Thursday, November 12, 2009

Soup Part Deaux

I am beginning to think I don't know how to cook unless I am using a Simply Recipe's recipe. Lately all of my meals have been made using recipes from that site. I feel like I am their own personal commercial. But, I love the pictures and the descriptions of the recipes, plus they're always yummy!

I thought I had a butternut squash leftover from my first CSA share, so I planned to make this butternut squash apple soup. So, I sent DJ to the grocery to get a few things we needed. He got home, gathered the ingredients, and realized that our butternut squash had gone bad. Way bad. So, he had to run back out to get another. Of course, that meant that we weren't really using any of the veggies from our share . . . but, it was worth it. The soup was delicious! I've always liked the idea of squash soups, but have never tried them. I really enjoyed it. The tart from the apple really blends well with the squash, and balances the flavors. This is an easy, tasty soup! I made a few changes, such as roasting the butternut squash first, but that just made it easier to cut the squash up. Plus, it gave it another flavor, from the roasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment