Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perfect Soup


I love soup for dinner, paired with some form of a grilled cheese sandwich. I have only made a few soups, though. We typically pull out a can of soup . . . I know, I know. Blasphemy. But, I do occasionally make soup, and I do want to try more recipes. One of my favorites is actually a Weight Watcher's recipe for spicy black bean soup. Tonight, however, I found a new favorite. It's Gourmet magazine's Thai-spiced tomato soup, and was recently featured by The Wednesday Chef. The recipe is so simple and so delicious. It makes a perfectly creamy, yet not too rich tomato soup with the perfect spices. The lime and cilantro are perfect additions to accent the red curry paste. DJ (my husband) picked up some of the ingredients we needed, and happened to get some spicy thai kettle chips, which went perfectly with the soup. I highly recommend this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment