Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Louise Cardigan


I casted on last night for the Louise Cardigan!! I am knitting it as a gift, of course. It's for the same person my hap blanket is for and I was just going to give her and baby the blanket, but really like this pattern, so thought I'd give it a shot. I am using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Whisper Pink and it is turning out darling! I am only about 12 rows in, though, so not much to report at this point. I am slightly confused by the pattern. It starts off by casting on, then working 6 rows in seed stitch. On the next row (Row 7), which is the RS row, you do the button band in seed stitch for the first and last 5 stitches, but switch to St st for the rest. It say to "work even for 5 rows." So, by my count that would make the next row Row 12. But, it's supposed to be a RS row. I noticed the same thing for other parts of the pattern, too. I am interpreting "work even for 5 rows" to mean repeat for 5 more rows, a total of 6 rows, so that I end up starting a RS row. Just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else is working on this pattern and noticed that. Of course, if I am reading it wrong please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am so glad to read this post (though it was ages ago and I suppose you successfully finished this by now?) I am knitting this for my 16 month daughter. I was also really confused by the "(RS)" and "5(odd # of) rows" directions. I assumed that "rows" meant back and forth! Well... after knitting nearly 50 "rows" (=100 actual rows) and having a ridiculously HUGE sweater, I started over today :( I should have paid more attention to the pics. I am happy to see that I wasn't the only person confused by this, and have confirmation that 5 rows = 5+original row = 6 rows!

    ReplyDelete