Thursday, August 6, 2009

beginnings (and endings)

I am going to try not to make a big deal about the beginning of this blog. My blogging attempts in the past have all failed miserably. Okay, that's got something to do with my failure to post after the initial post. Nonetheless, I am not guaranteeing this one will fair any better. But I will promise to attempt to keep this one up. I have more time now than I did in law school, so perhaps it will work out.

This is going to be a place for me to post my thoughts about my current knitting projects, the books I am reading, food I am eating or cooking, or really just life in general. Hopefully you'll get to know a little about me and the things I care about as I go. So, on with the show!

I love to knit. It's a newly discovered hobby. I've only been doing it for about ten months or so, and I am hooked. I started knitting by taking a beginner's class at Loopy Yarns in Chicago, and haven't stopped since! I have met some amazing women (and men!) at Loopy and they have all encouraged me to keep knitting. I have learned so much from them, not just about knitting! They have really become my peeps in the past ten months. Sadly, I am moving from Chicago in a few weeks and will have to tell them goodbye. I know we'll continue our friendships (thanks in no small part to the internet and sites like Ravelry!), but I will miss my weekly knit nights with them. Maybe this will help them keep up with me . . . hint, hint.

Anyway, welcome! I am not promising I'll be entertaining. That's not really why I am here. But, I am looking forward to having a forum for saying what I want, when I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment