Friday, February 12, 2010

Ravelympics 2010


It's official: Ravelympics 2010 is here! For those of you who think I've gone crazy, let me explain. Ravelympics is a world-wide knitting event that coincides with the Olympics--both winter and summer. Knitters (and crocheters, spinners, designers) compete as teams and individuals on ravelry to complete various types of projects. There are events to cover just about any type of project you can imagine. Everyone casts on at the same time (6:00 pm PST TODAY!), and has until 11:59:59 on 2/28/2010 to complete their projects. The different events have olympic-esque names (such as "bag jump," "beading biathalon," and "hat halfpipe"), and the event really encourages people to embrace the Olympics, not just the Ravelympics. It gets everyone excited about watching the Olympics coverage and cheering on their favorite athletes.

I wasn't a knitter during the last summer Olympics, so this is a first for me. Here is my plan:
  • Second: Crisp vest, using berrocco ultra alpaca light in a dark gray, with white coordinating color
  • And, finally, if I still have time, I will either finish those ailbe mittens that have been hanging over my head, or do a shawl. Probably the aestlight shawl
Of course, I still have other projects that I'd like to finish. For example, my clapotis (I finally started on the decreases!) and a pair of socks that I casted on this week. Those don't qualify for Ravelypmics, however, because I have been working on them too recently. To qualify for the Work In Progress (WIP) event, they have to have been untouched since 1/12. So, we'll have to see what all I am able to get done in the next coupls of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment